These sweet potato pancakes are so tasty! They would be a fun snack or appetizer to serve at a party or a nice alternative to regular potato pancakes to serve for Jewish holidays.
I used coconut oil to fry them, but surprisingly it didn’t have a coconuty or sweet flavor. Even with the coconut oil it tasted like salty sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potato Pancakes:
Makes about 12
1. Shred sweet potato and onion. To make it easier use the shredder on a food processor.
2. Place the sweet potato and onion on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the moisture. Set aside still on the towel.
3. In a large bowl whisk eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper together.
4. After the shredded potato and onion has sat for a few minutes try to squeeze out a little more moisture.
5. Add the sweet potato and onion to the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet (I used my mini 5 inch cast iron skillet, which is a very handy little skillet to have around). If you use a larger skillet you may need to add more oil because the pancakes have to fry in a good layer of oil.
7. Once oil is hot add small spoonfuls of the mixture to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes on one side until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.
8. Place on a paper towel after frying to catch excess oil. Serve with sour cream or greek yogurt (I used greek yogurt) and applesauce.
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that align with the ideals of Healy Real Food Vegetarian and that I believe would be of value to my readers.